Table of Contents
How do I move a chart to a specific cell in Excel?
Excel: Move a Chart
- Select the data. Press Alt+F1.
- The chart is already selected. Ctrl+x to cut.
- Ctrl+Home to move to the top.
- Select the cell where you want the top-left corner of the chart.
- Ctrl+v to paste in A1. You can then use the mouse to drag the border of the chart to the right place.
How do you create a chart from the selected range of cells?
Select the Whole Range of Cells for Creating a Chart In this process creating a chart is very easy. After making a table select all the cells of your table while pressing the left button of your mouse. Then press on to the Insert tab and in the Charts section, select any chart you want.
How can a chart be moved to another location?
Move a chart to another worksheet Click anywhere in the chart. Under Chart Tools, on the Design tab, in the Location group, click Move Chart. Do one of the following: To move the chart to a new worksheet, click New sheet, and then in the New sheet box, type a name for the worksheet.
How do I move a chart to an object in Excel?
To begin, head over to Design tab and click Move Chart. Its dialog will appear, now enable Object in option and select the worksheet from the list. Click OK to move the chart as object in the specified sheet.
Is it possible to have a chart on a separate worksheet explain?
Yes, it’s possible to have a chart on a separate worksheet by using the Move Chart command on the Chart Tools Design tab. You can use the Quick Analysis button to format data, create a chart, add a total, create a PivotTable, and add Sparklines.
Why can’t I add chart element in Excel?
Re: Excel Graph Not showing Chart Elements If you want to add only one of the two, you can add both, then click on the one you don’t want and press Delete. Or activate the Design tab of the ribbon (under Chart Tools) and click Chart Element > Axis Titles, then select the option you want.
How do I add a chart element in Excel for Mac?
With the chart selected, click the Chart Design tab to do any of the following:
- Click Add Chart Element to modify details like the title, labels, and the legend.
- Click Quick Layout to choose from predefined sets of chart elements.
- Click one of the previews in the style gallery to change the layout or style.
When a chart is selected these tabs become available?
Context tabs are tabs that only appear when you need them. Called Chart Tools, there are three chart context tabs: Design, Layout, and Format. The tabs become available when you create a new chart or when you click on a chart. You can use these tabs to customize your chart.
How do I move a chart to a chart in Excel?
How to Move a Chart onto a New Sheet in Excel
- Click anywhere on the chart. This opens the Chart Tools at the top of the window.
- Click “Move Chart” at the far right of the Chart Tools section.
- Click “New Sheet” and enter the name for your new sheet in the field provided.
- Click “OK” to move the chart to a new sheet.
What is difference between chart area and plot area?
Answer: Chart area includes charts to represent the data, on the other hand, the plot area includes only the graphical representation of the chart. Since the chart area occupies more space, it is bigger in size whereas the plot area occupies only less space and is small in size.