What is a crankshaft sensor relearn?
The proper procedure for resyncing or relearning the crankshaft position is called the “CKP Variation Learn.” The CKP Variation Learn procedure resets the positional information in the PCM’s memory and replaces it with updated information from the new crankshaft sensor.
What happens if you don’t do a crank relearn?
Remember: That you are going to increase the engine speed to approximately 3000 RPM, 4000 RPM, or 5150 RPM. Failure to do such will result in over-revving of the engine, causing possible engine damage.
What is a case relearn?
A CASE relearn is a Crank Angle Sensor Error relearn, which realigns the position between the crankshaft position sensor and the camshaft position sensor. This relationship helps the vehicle determine advanced misfires.
What is a relearn procedure?
The three types of relearn procedures are auto relearn, stationary (manual) and OBD. Some vehicles may use a combination of two or more relearn types. Indirect TPMS systems use an initialization procedure which may require a TPMS tool to figure out the steps involved to reset the system.
How do I relearn a crank sensor without a scanner?
- Turn off all of the accessories.
- Accelerate the vehicle to 55 mph at part throttle.
- Cruise at 55 mph for another 5-6 minutes.
- Decelerate to 45 mph without using the brakes, and maintain 45 mph for 1 minute.
- Perform 4 deceleration cycles, without using the brakes, of 25 seconds each where no specific speed is necessary.
What scanners can do relearn?
OBD2 Scanner With Relearn: Reviewed in Detail
- LAUNCH OBD2 Scanner -CRP129E Scan Tool for Eng ABS SRS TCM Code Reader.
- LAUNCH OBD2 Scanner CRP123E Engine.
- INNOVA 3160RS Pro OBD2 Scanner.
- Autel MaxiTPMS TS501 TPMS Relearn Tool 2021 Newest.
- LAUNCH OBD2 Scanner CRP123.
- Thinkcar Code Reader TS609 Obd2 Scanner.
How do I fix code P0315?
The most common repairs to address the P0315 code are as follows:
- Repair or replace wiring harness around crankshaft position sensor.
- Repair or replace crankshaft position sensor.
- Repair or replace crankshaft or related components.
- Repair or replace timing belt.
- Repair or replace powertrain control module.
What are the three most common types of relearn procedures?
How do you relearn a sensor?
There are THREE basic relearn methods for TPMS sensors. 1 – Stationary – 25% Use an activation tool with the car in ‘relearn’ mode. New IDs can be programmed without driving the vehicle. 2 – OBD – 36% An activation tool in conjunction with a scan tool is required to program new sensor IDs into the vehicle.