Table of Contents
What are 5 characteristics of democracy?
Characteristics of Democracy
- Elected representative.
- Civil liberties.
- Independent judiciary.
- Organised opposition party.
- Rule of law.
- Citizens in a democracy have not only rights but also the responsibility to participate in the political system.
What are characteristics of democracy?
Democracy is government in which power and civic responsibility are exercised by all adult citi- zens, directly, or through their freely elected rep- resentatives. Democracy rests upon the principles of majority rule and individual rights.
What is democracy explain any 4 features of democracy?
Some of the major features of a democracy are: The final decision making power rests with those elected by the people. It must be based on a free and fair election. Each adult citizen must have one vote and each vote must have one value. It should rule within limits set by constitutional law and citizens’ rights.
What are characteristics of democracy Class 10?
Characteristics of Democracy:
- The government formed by elected representatives of citizens.
- The government is responsible and accountable to people of the country.
- More than one political parties compete for political power.
- It accommodates social diversity.
- It promotes dignity and freedom of the individual.
What are the 4 types of democracy?
Different types of democracies
- Direct democracy.
- Representative democracy.
- Constitutional democracy.
- Monitory democracy.
What are the four features of democracy with examples?
Democracy features are:
- Democracy supports Universal Adult Franchise . In India, every person +18 are allowed to vote.
- In Democracy, Law is supreme and all citizens are equal in the eyes of law. No one is above or below the law.
- In Democracy, People have freedom of speech.
- In Democracy, People also involve in politics.
Which characteristics make democratic government so popular?
The Three Characteristics Which Make Democratic Government So Popular Are:
- Majority Rule and Minority Rights.
- Individual Rights.
- Free and Fair Elections.
What are the three main features of a democracy?
What are the Key Features of Democracy?
- Respect for basic human rights,
- A multi-party political system paired with political tolerance,
- A democratic voting system,
- Respect for the rule of law,
- Democratic governance, and.
- Citizen participation.
Which of the following is not a characteristics of democracy?
Complete answer: > Only leaders of the army rule the country is not a feature of democracy, even the army is disciplined and corruption free but it is not allowed to rule the country as its chief duty is to defend the country. > The basic meaning of democracy is the ‘rule by the people’.
What is democracy mention 4 features of democracy?
Cornerstones of democracy include freedom of assembly, association and speech, inclusiveness and equality, citizenship, consent of the governed, voting rights, freedom from unwarranted governmental deprivation of the right to life and liberty, and minority rights.
What is democracy write four features of democracy?
Democracy vs Dictatorship
|Freedom||Freedom provided in terms of rights and duties|
|Justice||A wholesome justice system|
|Rights||Human rights to express, vote, information, social rights, cultural rights, etc.|
What are two main features of a democracy?
Here are the features of Democracy in points:
- Free, Fair and Frequent Elections.
- Representation of Minorities.
- Rule within the Constitutional Law.
- Freedom of Speech, Expression and Choice.
- Federal Rights.
- Council Responsibility.
- Right to Education.
- Right to Form Association and Union.