Table of Contents
How do I open an app on my tablet?
Swipe through the icons left and right across the touchscreen. To run an app, touch its icon. The app starts, taking over the screen and doing whatever magical thing that app does. As you add new apps to your tablet, they appear in the Apps drawer.
Where do I find my apps on Android?
Download apps to your Android device
- Open Google Play. On your phone, use the Play Store app .
- Find an app you want.
- To check that the app is reliable, find out what other people say about it.
- When you pick an app, tap Install (for no-charge apps) or the app’s price.
What does the app icon look like on Android?
The app drawer icon is present in the dock — the area that houses apps like Phone, Messaging, and Camera by default. The app drawer icon usually looks like one of these icons. On some phones, you will notice the small up arrow at the bottom. It indicates that you have to swipe up to access the app drawer.
How do I see my open apps?
In Android P you are able to see open apps in two ways: by swiping up from the home button to see various app cards, or by using Quick Scrub, a new gesture that involves you sliding the Home button from side to side.
How do I open an app?
Find & open apps
- Swipe up from the bottom of your screen to the top. If you get All Apps , tap it.
- Tap the app that you want to open.
How do I see what apps are open?
In Android 4.0 to 4.2, hold the “Home” button or press the “Recently Used Apps” button to view the list of running apps. To close any of the apps, swipe it to the left or to the right. In older Android versions, open the Settings menu, tap “Applications,” tap “Manage Applications” and then tap the “Running” tab.
How do I put an app on my tablet?
Here’s how it works:
- Use a computer’s web browser to visit the Google Play store on the Internet.
- If necessary, click the Sign In button to log in to your Google account.
- Browse for something.
- Click the Install button or Buy button.
- Choose your Android tablet.
- For a free app, click the Install button.